Thursday, October 13, 2005

Of swings and daffodils... rain and cloud

What is the world coming to? Hehe i think thats a pretty cliche question but i wonder... coz there's so many things going on nowadays... there's heaps of natural diasasters for one thing ... there was the tsunami and then hurricane.... n even london bombings and now there's an earthquake in Kashmir... so many lives lost... n yet everyday as i wander to n fro from classes and all i feel safe in this world i live in. I see parents picking their children up from the daycare at the hospital... i see little kids jumping up n down on the swings and the sandpit... father's who are like 6 ft tall with little toddlers wich are like only as tall as their leg... its so sweet... so calm ... my biggest worries are exams... n how to get through classes and all that n yet they dull in comparision to so many other things that are going on. I feel so selfish at times coz they are heaps more ppl in pain out there ... n yet all i think about mostly is my next meal.. my next class .. my next test? My world sure has shrunk a lot.

I think it's the weather too.. when its gloomy and rainy like this i reflect on many things... it would probably do me good to move to a sunnier climate... :p

"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.
The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."
- Isaiah 40:6-8

No comments: